Thursday, July 28, 2011

What is in a Name?

Alisha:

Meaning: 'Protected by God', 'Trustworthy', and 'Noble.'


Do I fit my name? Am I really "trustworthy" or "noble". Some days I despise that I was given a name that's common. I don't believe myself to be normal, and would like a name to reflect this.  Maybe the spelling isn't common and maybe some people pronounce my name wrong all the time( they don't say it like you would say Alicia). Maybe I wish I had a cool nickname I would allow everyone to call me instead of my name. I do get called different nicknames but by different people. My sister hardly ever calls me by my name anymore preferring to call me Alishie in this weird voice anytime she gets a chance. I get called LiLi, but I don't think people would think that's from my name. I don't want to be called Ali because that's just as common. I would go by my middle name but I don't think it really fits me either. This post may seem like all I'm doing is dissing my name, but I really just wanted to post about if my name really suits me. 


Noble:
Meaning: of an exalted moral or mental character or excellence


Am I noble? Do I have moral and excellent character? I don't want to sound arrogant because I'm not like that at all. I don't like to talk about myself or brag. I do like to tell stories about things that have happened to me, but I'd rather not really talk that much at all. Anyways I believe that I would want to do the right thing whenever possible, and I don't want to ever cause anyone pain. I usually think a lot about things before I even decide to go through with something. It's just how I am, and sometimes I talk myself out of stuff a lot. So maybe I'm noble, but you would have to ask someone else.


Trustworthy:
Meaning :deserving of trust  or confidence; dependable; reliable:


This is what I really would like to be. I do think I can be trusted and dependable. Like I wrote earlier, I don't want to cause anyone pain, and I don't want to let anyone down. I want to be a person, my friends can turn to when they need me. I hope that this comes out to them and that this is how they would describe me besides quiet and sarcastic. 


I was just wondering about this recently, wondering if anyone else wonders if the meaning of their name matches with how they really are. I'm hoping mine does. It's a great meaning, and the type of person I want to be. I didn't talk about the protected by God part because I think that a lot of people are watched over by God even though I'm not that religious. It's also not mentioned on all the other sites I've looked at. I just wanted to focus on what was mentioned on most of the sites.


So do you believe your name matches with how you are?


Alisha 

No comments:

Post a Comment