Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day Of Classes! Am I All Grown Up Now?

So today I officially started my college career by going to my first day of classes. I only had 3 today, but once labs start I'll have 4 classes on Wednesdays. Tomorrow I only have one class, which is awesome, but it starts at 8 in the morning, which sucks. So considering I'm at college now, does that mean I'm all grown up? I'm also 18, but I don't feel grown up. I can't even believe I'm 18. I still believe I should be in high school goofing off, and making A's in classes even though I didn't study till the night before. I was just lucky I guess with that. But all I hear here is that cramming the night before doesn't work like it did in high school. I expected that. I've heard that from high school teachers. So far college isn't like what I expected at all, which is a good thing. I really think I'm going to like my chemistry and communications teacher. I don't know about the public speaking part of my communications class, but I'll deal with that when it comes. Tomorrow I have biology, and I'm not sure what to expect in that class. I like science, but I like chemistry better than biology. Friday I have 4 classes, but again once labs start I'll have 5. Wednesdays and Fridays I have a full schedule and it seems like I have no break. I don't even think I ate lunch today because I had a class at 12 and then one at 1:25. I did eat dinner, so I didn't starve myself. Next week I start work, and it will be after my biology class, so I don't get a full day to be lazy like I would originally. No, I had to go out and find myself a job! I needed one, but I had a basically free day to do anything! I just had to go and mess that up! In all actuality, I'm not complaining. I'm going to have money in the bank! It would be good not to be the typical broke college student, but really I am since I have to pay back student loans as soon as I graduate. Joy! Life could not get better than having to pay student loans. So getting back to my original question, I don't believe I've grown up yet. I still have a lot of learning to do, and I believe I have plenty of time to grow up. I'm a college student now! Whoo Hoo!!!

Adios,

Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment