Thursday, May 27, 2010

Can You Ever Possibly Read Enough?

I ask myself, do I read too much? Sometimes I think the answer is no. I think this because I ask others what they have read so far this year, and they seem to have a lot. Sometimes I have never heard of the books they read and sometimes I have but have yet to read it. Sometimes I find myself answering the question yes. The other day I went to the bookstore, and I couldn't decide which book to get. I never leave a book store without two or more books. I had a ton in my hand the other day, all books I was dying to read. I ended up only getting two because I did not have enough money to get more. Oh, money. How I wish I could have more than enough, so I could get any book I wanted. Sadly this is not true, and I have to always narrow down my choices by which ones I really, really want to read. Or sometimes by which one is cheaper. It's always a tough choice, but I do either go back and buy the other books another time or find it at my library.


So what I really want to know, can I really ever quench my thrist for reading? I think not. I'm pretty sure that never will be possible. I use to think back in middle school that I'd never pick up a book again. Middle school somehow ruined reading for me. I didn't really get back into it till close to the end of the eighth grade. It's not like I didn't read at all in middle school. I was forced to so I could earn points each quarter for a grade. I hated being forced to read books because they were on the list of books that you could earn points from. I usually just read books that weren't on them, and also the books that were assigned in class. I think the first quarter of my sixth grade year was the only time I got all the points that I was required to get. It's not like it affected my grades that much, just how much I read. Now I think that I'll never go a day without at least picking up a book and reading at least a few pages of it. I'll probably be like my awesomely, blunt mother and read books, but just skim them and skip all the boring parts. I already do that now with some books. Most of the time I read a book word for word. My mother rereads books, and I barely do that. I read a book because I don't know what's going to happen. Rereading, I'll already know what's going to happen. It just ruins it for me. Except sometimes I haven't read a book in a few years and maybe I've forgotten what was going to happen. Then maybe I'll reread it, or if it was extremely good, and I just have to pick it back up again. I just know that I'll always be a book worm, and I'm proud of it!

Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment